One of the biggest things you can do to secure your house is know your neighbors. If you are friends with the people that live around you they will know when something strange is going on at your house, they won t be afraid to tell you or call the police. This is something that will improve your quality of life and your safety! Stay Safe
What do you do if you are in the area?
- Get down
- Crawl behind something solid (preferably something that stops bullets)
- Look Up! You need to know what's going on so you can move away from danger if you have to
- Stay calm and continue to think, nothing good comes from panic
- When it looks safe, get out of the area
- Call police when you are out of the area and sure you are safe
- Volunteer to meet with a Police Officer and tell them what happened
Car accidents kill more people then anything else in America. Stay aware when you drive and don't be afraid to take a class or read an article about being a better driver. It may save your life.
Quick Tip, Security pros think about spending time working on blending in.
Most of us spend tons of time and effert to be good at firearms, hand to hand, and all that stuff, but no time on blending in.
Spend a little time finding out the dress and costoms of where you are going. It will make you safer and better at your job.
If you find yourself in a shooting here are a couple tips that may help.
- If you are the one being shot at, MOVE! Space is your friend. Put distance and stuff between you and the shooter; go down isles, out doors, around corners, or anything you can run around.
- If they are shooting at someone else and facing the other way, run away. Again, putting as much distance and stuff between you and the shooter as possible.
- If the shooter is shooting in your direction but at someone else. Get down and behind something. The human eye is attracted to movement, if you are up and running you may become a target.
These are some simple, generic suggestions that may help.